Gaming customer verification API
Onboard Gamers with a customer verification solution – Signzy’s Gaming Customer Verification API
Like any other industry, the gaming industry is highly disrupted by digitalization due to the internet. The industry is subjected to a lot of challenges. But three stand out: customer experience, online fraud, and regulatory obligations. With Signzy’s all-in-one platform – KYC for Gaming can offer a safe and friendly user experience, verify players globally, and increase retention and loyalty.
Signzy offers a complete end-to-end stack to comply with MEITY’s guidelines for Gaming Companies in no time. Our easy-to-use plug-and-play solutions and a stack of 240+ APIs empower you to perform the required checks.
Use Cases of the API
USPs of the API
Decreased risk and processing time
High precision and accuracy
Easy to Use
Signzy’s Gaming Customer Verification is optimized for the best user experience. It is effortless and straightforward.
With exceptional precision, it will detect fraudsters who try to forge identities with fake videos, photos, etc., and prevents identity theft.
The data is processed and verified within seconds, saving time and effort.
Key Differentiating Factors
Signzy’s AI-based online identity verification solution suite makes KYC verification in Gaming easy while enhancing the user experience and mitigating fraud with the help of:
- Face-Match: Detect fraudsters who try to use fake credentials that do not match their real identity.
- AML Check: Provide detailed due diligence algorithmically in real-time. Instant bank account and UPI verification.
- Video KYC: End-to-end video, channel & communication encryption for secure onboarding.
- OCR for Businesses: Extract relevant data from OVDs and other documents of an individual for further verification.
How is Signzy helping gaming companies?
The gaming industry has high hurdles to clear — such as costly and complex regulatory requirements and delivering a bespoke user experience that differentiates your brand and delivers on AML requirements. Signzy makes things as quick, simple, and user-friendly as possible while meeting necessary regulations with its Gaming Customer Verification API
What are the new guidelines for Gaming Industry?
As per the MEITY draft rules to amend the Information Technology (Intermediary Guidelines and Digital Media Ethics Code) Rules, 2021
- Gaming companies need to identify the user and verify his/her identity based on RBI-mandated procedures (Part II (4A)(b)(iii))
- Take active measures to prevent money laundering by its users (Part II (3)(1)(b)(ii)
What are the implications of new guidelines?
- Under the guidelines, gaming companies must perform KYC checks on every user.
- These checks must be done for both existing and new customers on an ongoing basis.
- Gaming companies are required to follow RBI guidelines:
- Officially Valid Documents (In guidelines main focus is on Aadhaar-based mechanisms- offline/ online verifications)
- Watchlist- UN, FATF, and others, Adverse Media, and Political Exposure Screenings
- Video-Based Customer Identification Process (VCIP)
- Central KYC Registry (CKYCR) checks where applicable
- Any other reliable medium – simplified measures like electricity bill, telephone bill, etc.
Do the regulations apply to all gaming companies/apps?
- The regulations are for gaming apps that ask users to deposit the expectation of winning. This could be interpreted as Real Money Games or those asking users to buy tokens.
Is VCIP mandatory?
The rules aren’t clear yet – the current draft rules allow digital verification via an active Indian mobile number. However, RBI guidelines mandate an In-Person Verification (IPV) or VCIP.
Is AML check required?
RBI has been cracking down on various forms of money laundering, and AML checks not only to prevent sanctioned individuals from participating but also those on various defaulter lists. It is mandated as per PMLA guidelines.